These 2 dishes are nice and healthy; trouble is they are so tasty that you will be doing well to stick to your portion sizes.
Tip: Dish up, then clear the meal before you eat. Otherwise you will surely devour the lot (Especially with the Cos Lettuce Chicken and black bean Tacos!) I have fallen victim to this many times over.
Ham Hoc & Lentil Soup
Full of flavour, High in Fiber and Plenty of Protein – What’s not to love?
This is one of Mums Specialties (she may kill me for sharing the recipe but its too good to hide)
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking time 90mins (don’t be alarmed most of this time is the soup simmering on the stove while you watch the Olympics or the footy)
What You Need (serves 6-8)
- 2 x Carrot (Finely Diced)
- 2 x Brown Onion (Finely Diced)
- 1 x clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 x Stick OF Celery
- 1 x Tablespoon of olive oil
- 500 – 700g Ham Hoc (including bone)
- 1 can of Lentils (washed and Drained)
- 1 can of Black Beans (Washed and Drained)
- 1 cup split peas
- 2 can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 and a half Litre (6 cups) of Water with 2 cubes of Beef Stock
- Pepper and Parsley to season at end
How To Make this Magic Broth
- Ad olive oil to large pot and sauté onion, garlic carrot and celery together, stirring until the onion is nicely cooked and transparent
- Ad the Water, Beef stock cubes and Crushed Tomato – stir through and bring to boil.
- Ad in washed and drained lentils and black beans as well as cup of split peas
- Ad ham hoc
- Reduce heat and simmer
- Cover and cook for 30 mins stirring every 10 mins
- At 30 mins turn ham hock over
- At 60 mins test ham hock by sticking it with a knife. If cooked properly the knife should pass through easily
- Strip Fat off Hoc and Discard.
- Remove Ham from bone, finely cut and place ham back into the soup.
- Cook for another 20-30 mins
- Season with black pepper and parsley
Note: This will make one thick and chunky soup so if you prefer it to last a little longer you can ad more water.
Scotts Cos Lettuce Chicken and Black Bean Tacos w/ Guacamole
These are a healthier take on an absolutely mouthwatering Mexican delight. When you discard the calorie dense flour taco and season the chicken yourself it is actually a very healthy dish. Served in Baby Cos Lettuce this meal is twice as delicious and won’t blow out the waistline!
I can have this Prepped Cooked and Served in under an hour. It is a go to after a longer training night
VEGETARIAN HOOK: Yep I’ve had this dish with the non-meat eaters, and to be honest its just as good.
The trick is to substitute the Chicken Thighs with Thickly Chopped Portobello Mushrooms.
What You Need – (serves 6) (serving size is 3 tacos)
- 6 x Chicken Thighs – cut into chunks
- 1 x Baby Cos Lettuce (Washed)
- 2 x Small Brown onions – Cut into long strips
- 1 x clove of garlic (not important if you don’t like garlic)
- 1 x Red Capsicum (cut into thin strips )
- 1 x Can of Black Beans
- 1 x lemon
- teaspoon of olive oil
- small handful fresh parsley
- 1 x Avocado
- 6 Cherrie Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 x tablespoons of Smokey paprika
- 2 x tablespoons of Turmeric powder
- chili Flakes
- 1 x Tablespoon Cumin
- Tabasco sauce
- Worchester Sauce
How To Make this Mexican Delight
- Cut chicken Thighs into small Chunks and ad to a Bowel with Squeezed lemon, olive oil and parsley – mix through and marinate for 5 mins
- Sauté onions, garlic and red capsicum with olive oil
- Ad in chicken, cook and turn until all sides of the chicken chunks have been sealed
- Ad Black Beans
- Ad Turmeric, Paprika, Cumin and Chili flakes. Mix in well until it covers all the mix.
- Ad a couple of drops of Tabasco Sauce
- Ad 2 x Tablespoons of Worchester Sauce
Cook through turning over regularly for 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through
The Ultimate Guacamole
- Scoop out one full avocado
- Squeeze in other half lemon
- Ad 6-8 drops of tobacco sauce
- Ad in Finely diced Cherrie Tomatoes
- Mash together with fork
How to Serve
- Cut the bottom off Baby Cos Lettuce and wash and Dry Leaves
- Take 1 Cos Leaf and ad Guacamole mix first and Chicken Black Bean Mix Second
- FOLD, FEED, REPEAT
- If you have had a good training week you can top this with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
If you liked these recipes feel free to follow us on the Book or Gram and Share them to all of your crew
Stay Lean and Healthy
Trifusion Fitness is a results based boutique personal training studio located on Nepean Highway between Brighton and Bentleigh.
These are just an example of some of the full flavoured dishes you will find in Trifusions Lean Body Meal Plan. This meal plan is designed to help Trifusions members to drop body fat and build lean and toned muscle.
Members who take part in any of our Customised Accelerator programs such as the Lean Ladies Program or Mens Strong and Lean Program receive a copy of this meal plan with over 40 amazing easy prepped recipes
If you would like some Nutrition or Training Guidance please don’t hesitate to contact one of the helpful and dedicated personal trainers at the Trifusion Fitness Studio