Trifusion Pinnacles Of Success
Part 2 of our 3 part blog series on how to achieve FAST and LASTING health and fitness results focuses on exercise.
- Plan For A Good Day: When it comes to work, we all agree that planning for any kind of event is the sure way to be more confident in its outcome. You’re far less likely to succeed in your health and fitness goals just by winging it. PLAN when you‘re going to train for the week and STICK TO IT. This allows you to plan your meals around your training to maximize recovery and gains. This also allows you to make sure you have a well-balanced training week. You don’t want to train 3 days in a row and then rest for the next 4 days. You’re better to space out your sessions and make sure that you’re well balanced between resistance based training and cardiovascular training.
- Lift Weights: When it comes to results, muscle matters. No matter if your goal is weight loss or strength gains, weight training is key. Schedule in 3 resistance-training sessions per week. If you don’t know what you’re doing, find a training partner or enlist the help of a professional to make sure you’re lifting safely.
- HIIT It: As you know, we are STRONG advocates for High-Intensity Interval Training. If you’re still not convinced on this method of training, read our blog post, ‘Why You Should HIIT It – Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training’.
- Train Enthusiastically: Unfortunately, we still haven’t located the magic pixie dust to spread around the Trifusion studio that allows everyone to magically lose weight and build muscle just by setting foot through the door. Whilst ALL our efforts are being put into locating it, we’re going to have to urge you to put in your best efforts when going through your sessions. Focus on the muscle that you’re working and push yourself to get out of your comfort zone. Eventually, the exercises you used to find difficult will become easier. If you’ve made the effort to get your arse into the studio, then put in 100% effort to make sure you’re getting the most out of the time you spend there!!
- Ask Questions: Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If you aren’t 100% confident in your technique or WHY you’re doing particular exercises or even HOW they’re going to help you to achieve your goals, then ask a trainer. We’re more than happy to shed some light on why we do particular exercises.
- Attempt To Progress: Many of us find that once we get to a certain weight, the thought of increasing seems too difficult. The truth is that there will be a certain weight for a certain rep count that you WON’T be able to increase for the full reps. That doesn’t mean that you’re forever set to use that particular weight. You can still increase the weight and do your maximum reps on that weight then drop the weight to finish the reps. After a few weeks, you’ll find that you’ll be able to do more and more until you can get a full set on that weight done. Without progressing the weights we use, we find ourselves plateauing and eventually our gains will also plateau.
Stay tuned next month for the final part in this series where we will focus on nutrition…JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!
For part 1 on motivation head here: https://www.trifusion.com.au/blog/the-trifusion-pinnacles-of-success/